Hey there! I have put together a small list of things I have learned throughout the way so far being a realtor. However, I believe that this list can be applied to anyone’s career! I really enjoyed writing this post, and I hope that some of you find it helpful!
- Keep yourself disciplined, and set goals for yourself. It is so easy to slack off and stay on the couch an extra 30 minutes when you don’t have to be at a meeting at 9am. This isn’t your typical 9-5 job that most people pursue after college. It is so nice working for yourself, but you have to stay focused. That means you have to schedule everyyyything. Working out, going out to lunch, making calls, listing appointments, anything!
- Networking. Every event is an opportunity to build your business. Talk to people! Now, I don’t recommend passing out business cards at a wedding lol, but DO always keep business cards on you, and be aware of appropriate situations to chat about your business (tailgating, running to Starbucks, going shopping, eating out, etc).
- Find things that keep you motivated. I listen to podcasts about time blocking, organization, etc. when I’m driving to a listing that is far away. I’ll leave a link down below of the podcasts I find to be helpful–even if you are not a real estate agent!
- Keep in touch with people. Tell your friends and family what you are doing! No one will know that you are a real estate agent if you are quiet about it. Ask your friends and family if they know anyone that you could help. Referrals are the best!
- Teach people how to treat you. It’s a terrible stereotype that real estate agents work around everyone else’s schedules and don’t have a schedule of their own–This gives me anxiety! You can’t expect to build a business without having a true schedule with guidelines. Set aside appropriate times for appointments for the week. People will respect working with an organized professional.
^^This is the podcast that I was introduced to, and I really enjoy listening to. My favorite episodes so far are, Episode 2, 134, and 140.
Here are some quotes from this series that really stand out to me:
“People don’t decide their futures. They decide their habits that decide their future.”
“Sometimes you’re failing so slowly that you think you’re succeeding.”
“You are free. Limitations are in your mind.”
That is all I have for now! Thanks so much for reading! 🙂