Hello there! My first beauty product review coming rightttt up. Many of you have heard of Beauty Counter, and some of you haven’t! Basically, it is a nontoxic skincare/makeup brand that holds themselves to the highest standard with their ingredients. They even use nontoxic packaging to prevent harmful leaching into their products, pretty awesome! I love brands that truly care about the health of our skin, and don’t just market terms like “glowy” and “healthy-looking,” without having the ingredients to back that up.
I learned about Beauty Counter through a good friend of mine who recently became a consultant. She educated me a little bit about the lack of regulation in the cosmetic industry when it comes to what goes into our products (pretty scary). Beauty Counter is working towards changing that, which is a wonderful thing for us all! They have a list of ingredients that they call the “Never” list. This is a list of ingredients you should stay away from, and they are in many products on shelves everywhere. I’ll put a picture of the list below, and you can see if your products pass the test!
I’ll link their website here in case you’d like to read a little bit more about the company.
Now, I’ll tell you what I thought about the products so far! Are they worth the hype??
I used nothing but Beauty Counter creams, cleansers, and rosewater facial spray for a solid week. Here’s a picture of the lineup: (Essential Nourishing Collection)
What I noticed:
- My skin was so much more hydrated, and stayed that way throughout the day. (I have VERY dry skin in the winter.)
- The texture of my skin was smoother, and fine lines around my eyes were much less noticeable. My makeup applied better, and also looked smoother–no need for primer!
- My skin had less redness, and looked brighter. I got away with wearing less makeup for sure.
Since these products are definitely on the pricier side, I’ll let you know what I decided to purchase so far:
- Sleep Cream – A step above the night cream that I tested originally (I felt like my skin could use the extra moisture this provides.) I LOVE this product. I didn’t know how much my skin needed this–I wake up with my skin feeling much softer. Worth the money for sure.
- Eye rescue cream – Also a step above in hydration from the eye cream I originally tested from the nourishing line. I’ve tried a lot of eye creams out there, and I honestly have to say this is my favorite so far.
- Nourishing cream exfoliator – This stuff does a great job at getting rid of dead skin while still being emollient and not harsh. I have been looking for a really good exfoliator safe to use multiple times a week, so this is perfect for that.
Overall, I am excited to add these products to my routine mainly because I am confident that every ingredient is healthy for my skin (no nonsense toxic chemicals). At the end of the day, I believe that what we use to nourish our skin should be a priority over many other beauty products we get caught up in (makeup, tanners, lashes, etc.) Great skin = Wearing less of everything else. 🙂
I hope this helps those of you who are interested in trying Beauty Counter or any other nontoxic skincare! As always, thanks for reading and talk to you soon.