Hey y’all! I’m excited to be writing this post in collaboration with Pink Magnolia! You can find my post on their website along with other guest bloggers in the future. As many of you know, I have been the model for their website for the past year participating in weekly photoshoots. We have had so much fun since the beginning, and we continue to learn more and more after each shoot.
One thing that has been constantly part of my routine the past year is self tanning (I’ve tried several different types of products!). After trial and error, I have found a couple of products that I really love and are pretty easy to use too. I thought that some of you would appreciate me sharing my tips and tricks as the weather heats up, and we are ready to bust out our Spring wardrobes! I always feel more confident with a little extra color before diving into Spring styles.
I’ll start by talking about the type of tanner I use, which is tanning drops! As opposed to tanning mousse, gradual lotions, sprays, etc, tanning drops allow for a more custom color that lasts over a week and fades nicely! These drops also last me a lot longer than purchasing other kinds of self tanners, and no need to purchase a mitt along with it.
How to use:
I use the Tan Luxe tanning drops and Clarins face drops with my favorite everyday lotion. I simply mix a few drops in with my moisturizer for each section of my body. The more drops you use, obviously the deeper your tan will be. You can also build color over several days if you aren’t comfortable going in with so many drops the first time. That’s why I really love this style of tanning. You can make it work for you whether you want to be bronzed or just slightly sun-kissed. The best part of this product is that it does not smell. I put it on right after I shower, and I’m good to go. There’s no need to rinse it off. (If applying directly with your hands, be sure to wash your palms thoroughly–This is how I apply it). You can apply it before bed or the beginning of your day and go about your business. It slowly develops after several hours just like a spray tan would.
- Exfoliate and shave just like you would before any other type of tanner. Add and emollient lotion to areas like knees, elbows, ankles to prevent dark patches before going in with the moisturizer/drop mixture.
- Start with less the first time you use it to figure out your perfect amount, and to allow some error your first time applying! (It’s always worse when you miss a spot and your tan is super dark).
- Go with the dark drops and not the light-medium. My skin is pretty fair, and I use the dark version. I simply use less drops, and my bottle lasts longer!
- Apply a generous amount of lotion on the back of your hands and less drops than you’d apply anywhere else. Sometimes I even use the drops I use on my face for my hands. Simply because the face drops are much more subtle.
- Keep your skin moisturized each day after applying the tanner, and your color will last longer and fade nicely.
I hope this post helps y’all get ready for Spring and all the fun Spring styles coming out as well! I know I’m ready! If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to my blog as well as following me on Instagram! Simply click on “About” from the menu, scroll to the bottom, and enter your email. I love to share everyday fashion, beauty & lifestyle favorites! ☺️