I will get straight to the point on this one so that y’all don’t have to scroll forever to get to the recipe! 😉 Bottom line is this is the yummiest banana bread I have ever tasted, and it’s not bad for you (yay!). I have made this recipe based off of another recipe I found on pinterest, and this is my perfected version! I hope that you all enjoy! (Blue and white plate linked here. + similar cutting board here.)
What you will need:
- 1/3 c melted coconut oil
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup or honey (I use both–1/4 c syrup, 1/4 c honey)
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 c of milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for swirl on top
- 1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 9×5 in loaf pan –Link to my loaf pan here (the best!)
- peanut butter chips (I love this addition, I add about 1/4 c. Can be found in baking aisle), or dark chocolate chips
- chopped pecans, walnuts, or slivered almonds on top!
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees, spray your loaf pan with non-stick spray (I use coconut oil spray.)
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave in 20 second increments until liquified, whisk honey/syrup with the oil thoroughly. Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Next, add mashed bananas and milk, mix.
- Mix in baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Lastly, with a large spoon, stir in the flour. Also, if you are adding chocolate chips or nuts, mix those now as well.
- Pour batter into your loaf pan, and sprinkle some more cinnamon on top. To add a swirl effect, run a fork across the top in a swirled pattern.
- Bake for 55-60 min. (I like mine to be not as done, so I take it out at 55.)
**Note that this bread is very moist, so after a few days of sitting at room temperature, I recommend you put it in the fridge. If you’re like me, and the whole loaf is gone after a few days, this shouldn’t be an issue. 😋
Be sure to tag me if you decide to make it–I wanna see! 🍌🍞🍯