Hellllo there! Today’s blog topic falls into one of my favorite categories–skin care! I am one of those people who will sit and read product reviews and watch YouTube videos for hours. (I know, I know.) So, I have rounded up today for you 5 of my most trusted mineral-based facial sunscreens! They are all different, but I love each of them for their own reasons. Sunscreen is arguably the most important step in your skincare routine each day, so why not have options? Side note: All of these sunscreens are mineral-based meaning they have no chemical filters in them. This is the type of SPF that I prefer for my skin after my research over the years. I hope you enjoy! To shop any of the items, simply click on each one in the photo or scroll through at the end of this post.
- Elta MD UV Replenish(SPF 44) – Best for wearing under makeup every day. I use BareMinerals original loose foundation on the daily (which has additional spf), and it buffs over this sunscreen beautifully! I love all of the skin benefits that comes along with this sunscreen as well. It is very moisturizing and needs to be blended in well. This is the only one on the list that can leave a very slight white cast, but it does not bother me at all.
- Paula’s Choice Essential Glow Moisturizer(SPF 30): Best for very dry skin in need of some glow. Like the name suggests, this leaves you with glowing, dewy skin. I love to put this on my chest as well to keep my skin looking healthy. Blends in the easiest of the group. No white cast.
- Elta MD UV Physical Tinted(SPF 41) – Best for skipping foundation all together. This is a thicker, tinted consistency, but it does not feel heavy. I love to layer liquid blush and concealer over this one for no makeup makeup days. No white cast.
- Paula’s Choice Super-Light Wrinkle Defense(SPF 30): Best for those who don’t like the feeling of anything on their face. This is the lightest-weight formula that I have tried. Since I have dry skin, this one is best for me in the dead of Summer when I’m planning on being by the pool/beach or breaking a sweat. Even my husband approves of this one, and he hates putting lotion on his face! No white cast.
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue(SPF30): Best for getting the most custom shade in a sunscreen. Complexion Rescue is technically a makeup product, but it offers so many skin benefits that it deserves to be on this list! This is such a unique product, and I’ve used it for years. The texture is light (it’s a gel-cream) and it comes in multiple shades. Their claim is that this will increase your skin’s hydration by 200% after one week. It definitely leaves your skin looking radiant. Of course, no white cast with this one.
Well y’all, this is my army of facial SPF’s. I hope that my brief write-up of each one was helpful! Let me know if you decide to try one this season!
Shop this post: