Hey y’all! I’m excited to be writing this post in collaboration with Pink Magnolia! You can find my post on their website along with other guest bloggers in the future. As many of you know, I have been the model for their website for the past year participating in weekly photoshoots. We have had so much fun since the beginning, and we continue to learn more and more after each shoot.
Shop Spring skirts and bottoms!
One thing that has been constantly part of my routine the past year is self tanning (I’ve tried several different types of products!). After trial and error, I have found a couple of products that I really love and are pretty easy to use too. I thought that some of you would appreciate me sharing my tips and tricks as the weather heats up, and we are ready to bust out our Spring wardrobes! I always feel more confident with a little extra color before diving into Spring styles.
Tan Luxe Body Drops
Clarins Face Drops
I’ll start by talking about the type of tanner I use, which is tanning drops! As opposed to tanning mousse, gradual lotions, sprays, etc, tanning drops allow for a more custom color that lasts over a week and fades nicely! These drops also last me a lot longer than purchasing other kinds of self tanners, and no need to purchase a mitt along with it.
How to use:
I use the Tan Luxe tanning drops and Clarins face drops with my favorite everyday lotion. I simply mix a few drops in with my moisturizer for each section of my body. The more drops you use, obviously the deeper your tan will be. You can also build color over several days if you aren’t comfortable going in with so many drops the first time. That’s why I really love this style of tanning. You can make it work for you whether you want to be bronzed or just slightly sun-kissed. The best part of this product is that it does not smell. I put it on right after I shower, and I’m good to go. There’s no need to rinse it off. (If applying directly with your hands, be sure to wash your palms thoroughly–This is how I apply it). You can apply it before bed or the beginning of your day and go about your business. It slowly develops after several hours just like a spray tan would.
- Exfoliate and shave just like you would before any other type of tanner. Add and emollient lotion to areas like knees, elbows, ankles to prevent dark patches before going in with the moisturizer/drop mixture.
- Start with less the first time you use it to figure out your perfect amount, and to allow some error your first time applying! (It’s always worse when you miss a spot and your tan is super dark).
- Go with the dark drops and not the light-medium. My skin is pretty fair, and I use the dark version. I simply use less drops, and my bottle lasts longer!
- Apply a generous amount of lotion on the back of your hands and less drops than you’d apply anywhere else. Sometimes I even use the drops I use on my face for my hands. Simply because the face drops are much more subtle.
- Keep your skin moisturized each day after applying the tanner, and your color will last longer and fade nicely.
I hope this post helps y’all get ready for Spring and all the fun Spring styles coming out as well! I know I’m ready! If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing to my blog as well as following me on Instagram! Simply click on “About” from the menu, scroll to the bottom, and enter your email. I love to share everyday fashion, beauty & lifestyle favorites! ☺️
Kendra Scott Set
If you have missed out on online orders shipping before Christmas (like me), no worries! I have put together this gift guide, and you can purchase everything right from one of Pink Magnolia’s stores (Cary or Morrisville)! There are certainly so many more options, however, these five items are my personal favorites and I highly recommend them! The best part of these gifts is that they are no brainers–You don’t have to worry about purchasing the right size! All of these items are so versatile for any age as well. I own and love several of these gift options, and my mom and grandmother do too. Pink Magnolia makes shopping for all of the special ladies in your life easy. 🙂
I hope this helps spark some ideas for your Christmas shopping!
I got a lot of questions about different items I wore on my Charleston trip, so I thought I would compile them all in a blog post for y’all! A few of the items are older, and I added links to similar or newer versions of them! I’m working on a traveling guide of all the food and views that I love in Charleston as well! I’ll have it up by the end of the week! 🙂
I hope y’all enjoy!
Leopard Skirt: New Version — Express (Very few sizes left) / Another Option — Forever 21 / Midi Option — Zara
Black Turtleneck: Exact Express Turtleneck (wearing size xxs) On sale!
Over The Knee Boots: New Version of My Steve Madden Boots — Currently 20% off!
Crossbody: Exact Marc Jacobs Bag — Available in so many colors!
Faux Fur Scarf: Exact Target Scarf –No longer available in grey! 😦
Maroon Turtleneck: Exact Express Turtleneck (same as above/also on sale, wearing size xxs)
Jeans: Exact Madewell Jeans
Slides: VERY Similar Marc Fisher Mules — only $40!
Tie Waist Dress Coat: Exact Calvin Klein Coat — Currently 30% off!
Boots: Exact Marc Fisher Boots — Also 30% off!
Scarf: Burberry Scarf
Jeans are definitely my comfort item, and I have quite an abundance of them (My most purchased clothing item, and I never get rid of any lol). Good, comfortable jeans are staples that everyone should have in their closet. I’m sharing my favorite brands to buy jeans from in this post! These are all jeans that I truly love the fit and feel of. I’ll link some of the specific styles with pictures below.
- Express : I decided to list this one first because they are on sale! I catch these on sale pretty often, so I have several! Particularly, my favorite are the mid-rise jeggings.
Midrise Distressed Jegging
Regular Midrise Jegging — (no distressing) I have these and love them as well.
2. Madewell: These Jeans are the most expensive on my list, and by far the best quality. They are a thicker, true-denim fabric (but still have some stretch). I also think that these jeans have the most “classic” fit out of any that I own. My favorite are the 9″ High rise skinny jean.
9″ Skinny Raw Hem (Note: the 10″ High rise means an extra inch higher in the waist, and they actually fit a lot differently! I can wear the 9″ and not the 10″.)
3. Articles of Society: These jeans are the stretchiest jeans that I own. So, if you are looking for ultimate comfort and a more casual jean, look no further! You can also find this brand at Pink Magnolia!
AOS Sarah Skinny
4. Just Black Denim: I discovered this brand through Pink Magnolia, and omg they are so great! They fit like a glove! I wear Just Black Denim in almost every photo on Pink Magnolia’s website that you see me in a pair of jeans. I get the most questions about these jeans when I wear them! Great brand- Born and made in U.S.A.
Fray Hem Skinny Jean
Ripped Knee Jean
(Photos by @allisonvrhovac)
Thank y’all for reading! Cheers!
Bringing y’all a classic and timeless outfit for fall today. 🙂 I hope you enjoy! I am a fan of no-brainer outfits to put together. This plaid skirt goes perfect with the basics that you have in your closet already! Add a fitted black or white shirt and some booties, and you’re good to go! Also looks great with tights and flats, or over the knee boots. Truly so many options with this one. Outfit details linked below. Have a wonderful Sunday, friends.
Plaid Skirt wearing a S (Also can purchase in-store at Pink Magnolia!)
Black Turtleneck wearing xxs
Similar Black Booties also come in grey and red!!!
Similar Black Purse
Sunglasses — sold in-store at Pink Magnolia 🙂 Only $35!
Truly the most amazing day of my life. Thinking back on this day, and so thankful to have a video that captured all of it. Thank y’all for watching. 🙂
If you are ever interested in me posting more bridal related content on here, let me know! I absolutely love all things weddings.
video by: Sugar Shack Films
There’s something satisfying about finding a unique piece of clothing/accessory that you know not everyone is going to have. That’s why I love to pop in to Dress whenever I get the chance to browse around. Dress is a local designer resale boutique where you can shop or consign high end bags, jewelry, shoes, clothes, and more. Several pieces in my closet have come from Dress, and I frequently get questions on where I got them. This fringe jacket that I found is no exception–It is so fun and unique! It is certainly a special occasion piece, but I have found several staples at dress as well (work totes, purses, accessories.)
I really appreciate having a boutique like this nearby where I can actually see the item in person before purchasing. Sometimes purchasing high end items from others off of ebay/facebook is not as comforting in my opinion. I like to have as little stress as possible when shopping, so that is a plus for me!
Dress has two different locations in Raleigh, but they also have an instagram account that they update daily when they receive new arrivals! (@dressraleigh)
I love sharing local places with y’all! If you have not checked them out yet, I recommend that you do! As always, thanks for reading.